You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

front slide rear locking pin leak need some help please

i have driven thousands of milies without slide pins engaged. my rear slide pins are inop. my front slide has been intermittant for slide pins for years never moved at all. the pins just align it at the top and keep it a bit more stable at the top.

my two cents worth. once you have worked on those hydraulic ram for the slides, you will know that they will keep it in.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-02-2023, 01:34 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I doubt that unless you have a hydraulic leak and even if you did its not easy to move.

I would agree totally with this statement.  I had my slide stop 4" short of fully stowed due to a bent stainless steel slide friction plate being bent.  We drove some 250 plus or minus with the slide moving one smidgen.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

i have driven thousands of milies without slide pins engaged.  my rear slide pins are inop.  my front slide has been intermittant for slide pins for years  never moved at all.  the pins just align it at the top and keep it a bit more stable at the top. 

my two cents worth.  once you have worked on those hydraulic ram for the slides, you will know that they will keep it in. 

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Latutude 28 and Richard. Again Thank you for all your knowledge. After finally getting the valance off , capping the hydralic lines and moving the slide, and pulling down the curved part of the ceiling. I was able to access the hwh locking pin assy. Pulled it down and took it apart. oring part numbers and tools needed made this a a easy fix. The lower seal was totally destroyed. Rebuilt both the locks with all new orings, hooked it all back up. Works like a brand new one. I was going to just cap the lines but I did notice that the tops of the slides lean in at the top without those pins in the slot. So suggestion to anyone who needs to do this, its a fairly simple process other than getting that lower snap ring off. Dont drink beer while you doing it, specially if really humid and you have to wear glasses. You need good lighting and good set of eyes to get that snap ring off.(LOL). Again thank you.
ALso if anyone needs the orings to do the repair, let me know and I can mail you some at no charge. I had to buy 25 of each to get them.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Well done!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Adam,
A note for future reference and in a pinch..... the internal McMaster Carr p/n 1161N58 Double X-Profile seal retained by the snap ring, can be installed with out removing the snap ring.  If you use the loaded U seal then the snap ring has to come out.  Thanks for the update!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

excellent info. thank you

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp