You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Basement airs

Chris there are alternatives that take advantage of modern technology in HVAC but it requires a lot of work to do it properly. Running the copper line sets from the bays where the old SCS units are located is not easy although I asked a mechanical engineer who does nothing but cooling on major computer buildings for AT&T about running rubber lines and he said why not, of course over time they could deteriorate but not in my life time left on this earth so thats something to consider. Also if your going to put a ducted evaporator into the current Newell ductwork it needs to be a home type for central HVAC system, they have over twice the CFMs as the smaller ducted units.

The 3.5 tons we installed will heat you in the winter and cool you over 100 degree outside temp and will take the coach from over 100 inside to sleeping temp in 20-30 minutes top. Here is the video I took last winter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7H3-O_uNI

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Thank you, that is amazing to me. How long did it take to complete that project? I see the head units of course, I am assuming the compressor units went into the bays where the old basement units were. Is that correct? I am not an engineer or electrician and this is all new but I am willing and wanting to learn more. Thank you again. Any and all information is welcome and I look forward to learning more.

Sorry I just reread the post and you already answered my question about the location of the units in the bays.

Sue Fitzgerald & Chris Pinkston
514 Americas Way 6131
Box Elder, South Dakota  57719

It took a couple weeks as we had different projects going at the same time.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Chris, I might clarify that our 03 Newell #646 has the the 3 roof units and is FOR SALE!  I assume you've had a chance to review our ad. on this site.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)