You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No more stinky slinky

Jack, I had two different macerators on my last Other Brand coach, the first was OK but slow so I installed a Thetford Sanicon Turbo 600. The 1.5" hose supplied were subject to failure, I replaced three under warranty. Nervous when I use them! I have run about 200' with 1.5" lay flat hose on level ground which works great but have to be careful to avoid kinks. I put an elbow on the dump end to help avoid kinks. I now carry 3 pieces of 1.5" lay flat; 25', 50', 75' to help avoid kinks. If I think I will need more for a specific venue I have lots more to take when needed, I bought a 300' roll. I use rubber couplers and hose clamps to join the different pieces. The Newell has the 3" Waste Master hose which I normally use, I connect the macerator to the end of it when I need to pump long distances.

The first Turbo 600 lasted several years until an internal seal leaked into the motor. A friend parks his Entegra coach in my yard for several months/year and uses his built in Turbo 600 to pump 150' to my septic through 5/8 and 3/4" garden hose. It is a slight down slope.

I'm curious what brand & model macerator you chose?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Jim 200 feet is a long way to pump poop! I will keep that advice in my mind, a kink is very likely with a flat hose. Here is the pump I'm using, I miss quoted the GPM its not 15 its 12 GPM.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TWTGFZC?ref...tails&th=1

I remember my uncle who was a plumber tell me the plumbers rule, "S... doesn't go up hill, keep your fingers our of your mouth and payday is on Friday". Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I also bought this for the end.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYINUSA?psc...ct_details

Gravette, Arkansas

At the EAA Oshkosh event we parked near the dump station, it was nice to have unlimited water & sewer. I also carry at least 200' + of water hose which gets lots of use.

Jim

I see what you mean by kinks Jim, the slightest bend will stop the flow so I had to put in a couple hard 90s, this should really help but the jury is still out on the flat hose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

I didn't think to mention the first hose from the macerator is the 1.5" flexible hose the Turbo 600 macerator comes with, I think I have two pieces of it, 30' or 40' to which I connect the lay flat hose when more length is needed.

Jim