You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Weight of 20kw generator

Sigh…….

Quote. “I am almost done with fixing or making things better”.

That can only mean one of two things. You are about to sell the coach, or you are playing tricks on yourself.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(10-11-2023, 11:09 AM)Richard Wrote:  Sigh…….

Quote. “I am almost done with fixing or making things better”.

That can only mean one of two things. You are about to sell the coach, or you are playing tricks on yourself.

I'll just let that stand on its own...excited to see what plans she has in store for cosmetics

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Richard it's the later I'm not selling this thing.

Arch I don't like decorating as I have no vision but will do as told.

Has anyone heard of putting a digital dash in one of these?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(10-11-2023, 12:43 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Has anyone heard of putting a digital dash in one of these?

I think I remember a couple people having done it.  For me, I like my gauges up high vs. down over the steering wheel as it's easier to quickly glance up.  If 653 didn't already have the little Silverleaf monitor I would opt for running Bluefire on a iPad/tablet hanging from the overhead area or if there was real estate for it i would mount it in the overhead area.  I haven't sat in a new one with the digital dash, but I have to believe there is way better visibility to that screen via the angle of the steering column, etc. than what we have.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

(10-11-2023, 12:43 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Has anyone heard of putting a digital dash in one of these?

I thought you had one, it's called VMSpc Silverleaf just mount a monitor of choice

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463

Arch I do have the silver leaf but many of the gauges in the dash are dead or not correct like the outside temperature gauge gauge, tach , and speedometer but the air pressure gauges function properly but they are direct reading. I could replace them or I could put in a glass panel.  I've been told that the vdo gauges were prone to failure in our vintage of coaches if you buy the individual gauges and add up the cost it's close to a new digital dash that is programmable. Just my thoughts I'm the type of guy who has a hard time looking at something that doesn't work,  I guess I could buy a computer screen.

Gravette, Arkansas

Points noted, it's an asthetics choice for you to make
My point was/is a glass panel is a silverleaf display monitor

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463

I will replace gauges, they are cheap.

Gravette, Arkansas