You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window fog

I've tried to book with the glass boss guy several times in the past few years, nearly impossible. I've lived with them for three years now. Hopefully one day I can track the guy down. I hear he does good work.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

UPDATE on my Glass boss repairs..... To start off, the guys arrived on time, a day late because of over booking and proceeded to remove my salon window, it took around two to three hours to get out and another hour or so to get it apart. I wasn't there when they re-installed it but I'm not too happy at the moment, they left Tuesday evening. I received a text the same evening saying they wanted to postpone until Thursday because they needed a tool that would make it easier getting the glued in windows out and would have that tool at 5 pm Wednesday night. I agreed to the Thursday reschedule, it is now Friday 11 am pst and Ive heard NOTHING from them. AT this point I'm not too sure what to think!!

At this point I'm thinking about not having them back as I don't think this is a good sign. I was being charged 3500.00 to do four windws, they charge per glass section, so my salon egress window would be 2 pieces, dinette is three, galley is three and pass is one. So they say its nine windows all together.

Looking into another shop that works on Newells to see if they have someone to do this kind of work. Boss glass was highly recommended by others

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Well, this is frustrating but not at all surprising. As I've stated before, Auto Boss has been extremely hard to work with and has blown me (and a friend) off before.

He's busy, and we all get that. He also is very confidently proud to say he's the best and, if you want the best, you've gotta be willing to wait. I've had a man-to-man discussion with him, that's gone very well, in saying that we all understand him being very busy. However, to miss appointments with NO communication is something most of us won't deal with.

The problem is...we're being held captive with NO recourse other than to go to Newell. It's not all a bed of roses there, either, since they've gotta use NEW windows from Lippert...and we all know what that entails. Brutally expensive, and terrible warranty...not to mention VERY long wait times for certain windows.

At this point, our coach and several other friends' need multiple windows and I have no idea who's going to pick up the slack.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

CaptainGizmo, I hear you! I can deal with certain things but not to show up and no calls are unacceptable. I've got one partially done, they left the blinds down, some screws from the window frame a laying in the window sill SMDH. In a pickle at the moment but at what cost.

We have no alternatives as you say

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

I wonder if Auto Glass Boss plans to be in Tucson at the FMCA rally next week.  When they did my windows they flew one guy in from Florida, had two guys drive the big truck from California and one guy from Mesa, AZ with a van plus Joe who I think also drove a pickup truck from CA., five guys total for 28 pieces of glass.

I may have been lucky but didn't have any problems.  Joe did tell me to get it done in early December as they get completely swamped after December.  Also has employee problems, imagine that!

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Jim. Are you going to be in Tucson next week?

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(03-16-2024, 05:47 AM)encantotom Wrote:  Jim.  Are you going to be in Tucson next week?

Tom
Yes, Tuesday-Sunday is the plan

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Hey guys, FWIW...

There have been a couple discussions on the Newell-VIP group on Fakebook.

Several other suggestions have been made for window repairs. The posts are lengthy, but if you can't get on the group, I can "try" to pull the vendors off and list them here.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

CaptainGizmo, please post that info. I'm on the regular newell f.b. page but not the vip

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

I guess I'm not VIP enough to get onto the vip f.b. site. Guess my rig is too old lol.

Anyway CaptianGizmo please post the info if possible

Steerable tag 
Allison trans