You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear brakes not building pressure after sitting

I wanted to take the coach out for a ride today but the rear brake needle shows 0. Dryer pops off as usual. Brake release will release when pushed but obviously rear wheels are locked. What is the next area to check? Check valve on rear tank? If so, I can't get to it without moving the coach forwards as it is parked over dirt. So frustrating. This has been sitting for a couple of months.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Still no joy after 8 hours sitting. What is interesting is that of the two front tanks, one has air and the other does not. I have no idea how Newell plumbed these. Coach is inflated on air bags and everything else is normal. Everything was working last month.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I misread your question. I’d be thinking check valve or dirt in air system as well. Maybe try tapping on the valve or the tank?? I have had the quick air release valve located above the rear axle malfunction and not allow the rear brakes to release. I don’t think that would cause 0 on the gauge though.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

PPV valve ( I know redundant) may be stuck. Try tapping on it.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I did replace it but the issue is I can't get to it. My thoughts were the same. I just wish I knew how these were plumbed. I didn't go out there today yet so hopefully it "woke" up.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

A Hail Mary move might be to exhaust all the air from the systems, and try to build air again.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I thought of that too. Today I’m cleaning the pool and getting materials for the jobs. Pool needed a good power wash. Arizona water is terrible and our area requires a dump and fill every year. Such a waste of time, money and resources

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Looks great.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

How do you know what needle is front or back?

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

On mine the Front charges up and front brakes work. (Sounds). The rear must be the red since that needle is lazy and doesn't want to get up. Also the rear brakes won't release as there is no air in one of the front tanks. It all worked "when parked". Having said that, my next project was to drop the wet tank and go through it replacing the check valve on it and the auto drain. I can't move the coach unless I uncage the rear brakes. At that point it's gonna be a mobile mechanic call.

I did my last Hail Mary by dumping the air. Rear tank and needle are lazy to get up and running.

My ultimate test will be to bring shop air into the rear service port and see if that wakes anyone up.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312