You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wind shield wiper (driver side) inop

Driving along and it starts to rain (natch!). The wipers start up fine and are running. Suddenly, the driver side wiper stops (natch!) in the full left position. The right side wiper continues to operate. Since the right side still works, the motor must be OK and the problem will be the linkage. How do you get to it? Remove the dash & what is next?

Phil Horton
Newell # 470

Mine has separate motors, no linkage. Put some oil in the idler bushing on the front and see if that helps. Some of us have replaced the bushing because they wear out and seize

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Dittos on what Richard said. I pulled the wipers, cleaned the rust off the bushings, lubed, and worked great on my '93

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Our passenger side was not working. We ended up replacing motor at Newell but it was a used one someone remembered being in a scrap bin. They had a few driver side motors left. Someone posted a link on another forum but I can't remember it for sure. But it had several motors for bus & rv wiper systems. motors have different rotational directions & internal switching as I recall.

Checked the nuts under the clips and they were backed off about one half a turn. Lubed mechanism and tightened. Wiper works. Thanks for all the help.

Phil
'98 # 470