You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Broken Down

One more vote for cross threading. Looking at how few threads were engaged and how they look buggered up I'd say it was cross threaded. Now to crawl under my steering wheel and check my brake switch........

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

All I can say is that is a lot of damage to steel threads from the male brass threads....

Also, regarding front axle braking - for many years OTR trucks had no front axle brakes, so in a emergency situation it could be a consideration.

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Two months ago or so, we lost that nut on the parking brake too. I informed Tommy at Newell shortly after it happened, so they can check coaches with the same set up.
It is also wise to check if the pin that is holding the yellow knob is secure.

Edwin & Lydia
(Previous owners) 2004 Newell #710, 42'6" , 2 slides, steering tag
DD series 60 EGR
1,000 W solar 

Guru's,

I promised an update when it was all over and here it is.

I won! It was a long and tiring ordeal, but I never gave in or gave up. I received a check to cover all my direct costs charged by the provider. In the end, Coach-Net did the right thing.
I hope the folks that took the time to read this thread will benefit should that awful time arrive when you need assistance on the side of the road. I learned many things about Coach-Net. If there is another time, they will probably not be my first call after the police if I am in a position to have connectivity and make arrangements directly with a service provider. CN will remain as another option. You can't have too many options!
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,

That's great to hear CN stepped up and protected you. That's the way a company like this should do. They enlisted this shop, he was totally incompetent to make a roadside repair and seriously overcharged you for said repair. Good to hear they stepped up. Makes me feel at least a little better about them.

06 M450LXi 3 slide