You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Series 680 leveler problem

Steve, my travel green light function just as you describe. It comes on immediately but an additional five minutes or so is required to be in travel mode.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I talked with Steve and he told me where the front 6pack was located. I crawled under the best I could and looked around. I found 2 different sets of wires not connected. both are marked as pressure switch, each have two wires, on the female side I have one with red and white wires and the other has black and white wires. The male parts, both appear to have yellow and white. First what are these used for and should I hook them up and how do I figure out which one goes with which set or does it make a difference. Or do I leave them unplugged? I don't know if this will fix my leveling problem or not.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

Steve is on to something. The easy way to see if the travel solenoids are getting power is this. While the engine is running, and the travel light on, open the side engine door, locate the six pack on the bulkhead to the right, and the two solenoids to the right should be magnetized. A simple screwdriver should stick to the center bolt on the solenoid if they are getting power.

It's a quick check.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, I'll try that in the AM. It will work on the front one also won't it?

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

yes, but the rear is SOOOOOOOOO much easier to get to

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Just checked the 6 pack, guess what, nothing. At least we know something now, and that is the 6 pack is not coming on. So what is the next step?

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

just be very careful when underneath the front while testing the six packs. if you would happen to fire the exhaust solenoid it would let the front lower and perhaps trap or even crush you. Always support the structural members with jack stands.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Remind us, are you still getting lights on the HWH panel? I am trying to confirm the panel is getting power.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

The lights come and blink some and all go off except the travel light.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob, in your first post in this thread, you said that "When I have it out of gear with the parking brake on and I push the air button the lights all flash on, the red ones go out, the 4 yellow stay on until I take my finger off the air switch, then only light is the travel light." That may indicate that the computer has a problem. The manual indicates that there should NEVER be more than 2 yellow lights on at a time and the the right and left side yellow lights should not be on at the same time nor should the front and rear yellow lights be on at the same time. That would indicate the all 4 sides are low which is nonsense.

Take a look at http://www.beamalarm.com/Documents/hwh/h...ained.html Section 3.9 near the bottom of the document. They give some suggestion on troubleshooting.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com