You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor Replacement

My experience with macerating toilets, two Headhunter Royal Flush in current coach and two Thetford Tecma in the last coach. Royal flush work well with the Headhunter Mach 5 120VAC water pump but the standby 12VDC Pentair Shurflo 4008 water pump barely puts enough pressure even when the pump pressure is adjusted for max pressure. The Royal flush advertises the capability of flushing rags etc.. I think I would rather unclog a toilet than a holding tank. The Royal Flush also uses a lot of water. It has an adjustment for the number of flushes and length of flush. It seems to use at least a gallon per flush. It has a flush valve located on the inlet water line which is what controls the number and length of flush. There is an inlet screen on that valve which can get clogged and cause problems. There is supposed to be an inline strainer at the water pump inlet but mine does not have one.

The Tecma toilets have a macerating pump built in, they work well with a 12VDC RV water pump. If you flush bad things it can clog the macerator pump but they are easily removed, disassembled and cleaned. I took one apart for a friend that had two car keys in it. The water volume in the toilet is adjustable and can be drained for storage by pushing two buttons. It uses around 0.8 gallons of water per flush if I remember correctly. It requires sensors mounted on the black tank to avoid overfilling the black tank. In 7 or 8 years I replaced one controller, they were reliable.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

I have a classic newell and had an old toilet in the RV and while it worked fine I always wanted to upgrade it. I ended up buying a Tecma Silence Plus 2G and we love it. It consumes a lot of current when it runs but we haven't had a single issue yet (we have been using it for almost a year by now) https://www.thetford.com/product/silence-plus-2g/

We ended up remodeling the entire bathroom and added like 4" to the floor to accommodate for the correct plumbing and everything fitted perfectly, it wasn't needed because we had the discharge pipe right under the toilet but we wanted to do it anyway.

You need to install those sensors for the toilet to work or you can install 2 resistors instead and it'll work anyway. There are plenty of explanations out there about this. You also need a 30amp fuse install and some cable to go with it (we rerouted the cables directly to the battery and we use 8 gauge just in case, it is a 40 amp motor that the toilet has so....).

Did I mention we love the toilet? We also added a bidet to it, it was a trial and error process but we finally found the one that works with this model and we love it.

User's manual in case anyone is interested on it: https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uplo...-2G-RV.pdf

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Wow, that looks really nice!!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

That does look nice Floridian, is that a bidet on the side?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Thanks guys, we did change it a lot. We used the same space but we got rid of a lot of cabinets to make room for Sasquatch and wife Smile the shower box was too small for me, I mean, it was OK but now is WAY better Smile is completely using the side to side space on the bathroom instead of sharing a little space that was used as storage on the bedroom that we never used.

Yeah, it is a bidet on the side, I grew up with one and it is impossible for me to not use one. This is a very similar model to the one I have there: https://bidetking.com/products/gobidet-gb-2003c-chrome

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Jack,

We have the very same one installed on a Microphor. I had to make a mounting plate out of black plexi, but it works.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks we have them here at our house and love them, had to put one in our class B, wife said to order one but to get it in almond its crazy expensive, I will go with what Floridian posted. Clean and no waste of TP.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Gurus,
Wanted to update everyone on the SaniFlo Macerating toilet we installed before our Fall trip last year.  We were on the road for 8 weeks and my Wife absolutely loved the toilet!  Had a couple of failed flushes that indicates I need to replace the capacitor.  Since we bought it back in 2010 for a basement bath we wanted at the time and never used it I was kinda expecting NOS issues.  For us, we operate from pedestal to pedestal and only boon-dock for a night or two, so water consumption is not an issue (more on that subject to follow).  The main take away is is a positive flush when activated.  I thought the noise would be an issue in the middle of the night.....its not that bad and we are used to it now.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

We liked the Saniflo flush so well we decided to replaced the mid bath Microphor toilet.   We choose a Dometic 320 gravity as some of the other Gurus have used.  Water consumption on these units is minimal then we will have a low water usage option if needed.   A concern I have there are two 90s with a 20" horizontal run before it gets in the tank.....will update you all on how it works out for us.  Just like the rear toilet, I wanted to keep things reversible in the event we go back to the Microphor.  I used the black Starboard to adapt the existing screw holes to the standard toilet flange that fits the Dometic 320.  Was able to cover everything with the exception of a single 4" grout line.  Also, will cap off the airline as soon as I find the right size compression fitting.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

My bidet install.

Luckily, I had a 2.5 sq piece of aluminum to hold the valve assembly.  Polished it to enhance appearance.  The hard part was splicing into the water supply on the other side of the wall, very tight quarters.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567