You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

solar install

Thank you Simon, funny because my wife and I both need hearing aids yet we wanted a silent system inside.

The coach is a mess since we started this project I have things scattered everywhere.

Now that the coach is cooled down the inverter units are slowing down drawing less current.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

It's very impressive those mini splits. Maybe in my second life I will install something like that. Right now we are just trying to bring some life into this old bus. I filled out an online paint estimate by a company that repaints coaches in Iowa. With my sent in pics, they came back with a quote of 16k to change the colors. I thought that was pretty darn good. Now where to find the Benjamins.....
Like I said, your coach looks really nice and tidy in my book for all the work you have been doing. This is my countertop as I am doing odds and ends while drafting up estimates for jobs to keep my last remaining employee busy. I like using this as my office. Mancave/office/music listening and upgrading stuff as I spend more time in it!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Your coach looks great for the age better than most you've put a lot of work into making it look that way, our coach had so many problems that we haven't been able to concentrate on the visual aspect but that is in the works later on.

Thanks!

Gravette, Arkansas

Trust me, you are better off ironing out mechanical stuff before cosmetic. I roll backwards sometimes. Very visual I am, I am , sam. Your coach doesn't need much. That front and rear a/c turned out amazing. Clean install. Proud of you for doing all you can. I know there are times I want to give up and pay someone else to do things. The reality of cost straightens me out so I am back to the grind!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(09-05-2023, 03:11 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I have a quick question, does the HWH system run off of the starter batteries for the house batteries?

Jack,
Speaking of HWH slide system and engine batteries.  Early on in our Newell coach ownership I was having trouble with the HWH hydraulic pump pressure giving me all kinds of slide hydraulic issues.  The forum said, that low voltage (from the engine batteries) to the pump would be a likely culprit.  Hmm, at the same time I was having intermediate starting issues (like a bad connection starting issues).  Long story short I found a positive lead on my engine battery (the lead that goes forward from the engine compartment) severely corroded about an 1 1/2" up and under the heat shrink tubing.  Could not see it by looking at it but once I crimped a new lugs on all the engine batteries and have had no issues with the HWH hydraulics or starting issues since.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I'm glad that it is tied into the engine batteries, I was worried about what I would have to take out of the system now that I converted to 48 volt for the inverter charger, still have a 12 volt house system and another 12 volt system for the engine but I didn't know where everything tied in there.

Just finished putting the Wi-Fi to the inverter and Bluetooth to the charger for the house batteries and Bluetooth for the shunt for the 48 volt system. Now I'm just laying here in my free air conditioning coach watching Netflix.Smile

Gravette, Arkansas

Nice work Jack....you've earned the break.....enjoy!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL