You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

need new compressor now

Mt dead Thomas sits on a pad on the floor of the same front compartment.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry,

I know you are in a hurry, but that Thomas is rebuildable for around $300. I think there is a thread talking about that. I replaced mine a while ago, and the new one failed...so I re-installed the old one and it is working. Still debating about rebuilding the new one.

Good luck.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hey Bill,
I was told that a rebuild is not cost effective, so I passed that and have been looking at Chinese knockoffs. Richard has given me some expert advice and agrees with me that the California Air Tools 3/4hp should work fine at $166 instead of close to $1000 for a new Thomas. I have seen the rebuild kits and you need to take the entire compressor apart (every single piece ) and I will mess it up for sure so plug and play is what I'm looking for. Why did your new one fail ??? do u know ?

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

i totally agree with richard. the one you show is about the same as the smt one i found before. you can buy 5 of them for what a new thomas costs.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

bought the 1/2hp instead of 3/4 has closer specs and cfm is 1 and the Thomas 1.5

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

I got a rebuild from the place in Wisconsin. 300$ works great. Gonna send my old one back to get rebuilt.. And install it side by side.. If you go to valid website. They sell the two Thomas pumps side by side. It's what Newell does in the new ones

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

Are you saying each of the two Thomas compressors in my coach are +,- $1000. I did not know that that was not built as primary and back up direct from Thomas. Ouch

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

doug, yes that is the case. the jun air's they used before that were even more expensive.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hey Doug the reason I assume differently is valid website shows the same setup that is in your coach. 2 compressors and if you buy one at Newell and install it's around 800-1000. On 512 I replaced the gast with a Thomas it was cheaper. I bought the rebuild for 300$.. To me seemed the best deal.

Here is the link to valid..isn't this your setup

http://www.validmanufacturing.com/index.php?pid=5

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

That's why new coach prices are 1.7 million plus Doug! It's all the second compressor!